Search Transit Toronto

Powered by GOOGLE.

Queen Street East track replacement

The TTC has released details of the first major track replacement project of 2005, to take place on Queen Street East between Lark Street (just east of the Kingston Road loop) to Neville Loop. Work is scheduled to begin March 29; track replacement is scheduled to be completed June 13, with street repaving and sidewalk repairs scheduled for completion by the end of June. To achieve this ambitious schedule and have the street ready for the busy summer season, work will be ongoing on a continuous 24-hour schedule throughout the week with some work on weekends.

Regular 501 Queen car service will be removed from Queen Street east of Kingston Road for the entire duration of the project. Current TTC plans are to short turn some 501 cars at the Kingston Road loop, and route others along Kingston Road to Bingham Loop. 143 Downtown Express buses will also be extended along Kingston Road.

Access north to the subway (and to diverted Queen cars) will continue to be available via 92 Woodbine South and 64 Main buses. In addition, a new temporary route, 13 Neville Park, will be created to link the east end of the Beach neighbourhood with Victoria Park station. Its proposed routing will be from Victoria Park station south via Victoria Park, east on Kingston Road, south on Blantyre Avenue, and west on Queen Street until the eastern limits of track excavation. The trip north to Kingston Road and Bingham Loop will take place on local streets — depending on the phase of construction, Glen Manor/Southwood, Beech, Kingswood, or Victoria Park.

Preliminary details are available on the City of Toronto website, with further details expected in the coming weeks.

Support us on Patreon Button

Welcome to Transit Toronto! This is an information site dedicated to public transportation in Toronto, maintained by transit enthusiasts for transit enthuasiasts. This is NOT the official website of the Toronto Transit Commission, Metrolinx or any other transit provider or government agency. To access the official websites of these agencies, consult this page here.