Search Transit Toronto

Powered by GOOGLE.

GO student centre in Union Station's
York Concourse, August 28 to September 16

Students with a GO Transit student identification (or ID) card save 17 percent on their fares. The PRESTO fare card helps you connect to different transit systems so you can travel to and from school easily.

Register your PRESTO card online or autoload money on the card any time without waiting in line. If you need help, visit the Union Station Student Services Centre in GO’s York Concourse from Sunday, August 28 until Friday, September 16.

Remember, always travel with your GO student ID! To qualify for student fares, you must have GO-approved student ID when you buy fares.

You can get a GO-approved student ID card through GO Transit or at your school, depending on which institution you attend.

Registered full-time students at these schools can use their school-issued student card to load their PRESTO card at the student discount rate for travel anywhere on the GO system. You no longer need a separate GO Transit-issued student ID card.

  • Durham College;
  • McMaster University;
  • Trent University’s Oshawa Campus; and
  • the University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT).

Registered full-time students at these schools can get a GO Transit validation sticker for their school-issued student ID cards. For more information and to pick up your sticker, visit your registrar’s office on campus.

  • Centennial College;
  • Humber College;
  • Michener Institute;
  • Mohawk College;
  • Niagara University;
  • Sheridan College; and
  • Trent University’s Symons (Peterborough) Campus.

Registered full-time students at these schools must apply for a GO Transit-issued student ID card. For more information, please visit the registrar’s pffice on campus.

  • George Brown College;
  • Ryerson University;
  • Seneca College;
  • the University of Guelph;
  • the University of Waterloo; and
  • York University.

Registered full-time students at these schools may apply for an electronic GO Transit-issued student ID card on line.

  • OCAD (Ontario College of Art) University; and
  • the University of Toronto. (On-line application only available after October 1 — use last year’s ID until then, or, if your are a new student, bring your acceptance information to the student services centre in Union Station, or use your high-school ID.)

Learn more about getting a GO student ID — especially if you attend a college or university that we haven’t listed — here.

Students ages 13 to 19 must have a valid, current-year, Canadian school-issued identification (ID) when traveling on GO. Keep this ID handy so GO Transit safety officers can inspect your fare. Thesse students do not need a separate GO student ID card unless their school does not issue student ID. School-issued IDs for the 2016-17 school year are valid for student fares until October 31, 2017.